IIX is developing an impact venture investment fund – the IIX Growth Fund (IGF) – to invest in and support high potential Impact Enterprises (IEs) in Asia. The IIX Growth Fund is a $50M for-profit, growth equity fund that will invest in innovative early-stage Impact Enterprises operating within developing countries in South East and South Asia. The IGF aims to deliver social and environmental impact at scale, while achieving financial returns that are broadly on par with commercial private early stage funds. The IGF will leverage IIX’s deal pipeline, investment platforms and strong regional network as well as Shujog’s experience in assessing and evaluating impact.
Key focus areas:
- The Fund will make direct equity investments in innovative IEs throughout South and Southeast Asia with a focus on underserved markets, specifically Indonesia, Cambodia, the Philippines, Bangladesh (~80% allocation) and participate in other South and Southeast Asian markets like India on an opportunistic basis.
- The Fund will focus on four sectors – Energy, Food and agriculture, Healthcare and Education – and pursue investment themes that have the potential to deliver high financial returns while contributing to large scale positive social and environmental impact. IGF may consider enterprises from other industry verticals as well on an opportunistic basis.
- The Fund will identify capital-efficient, rapidly scalable, social impact-driven ventures based on three investment themes:
- Distribution-led ventures that build value based on customer acquisition efficiency, supply chain/logistics support and developing differentiated brands.
- Technology/Mobile driven ventures that leverage or build digital tools or platforms to develop innovative new businesses or reach previously unaddressed population segments.
- Livelihood-driven businesses that address poor or otherwise disadvantaged populations as employees, suppliers, vendors or entrepreneurs.
For more information on the IGF please get in touch with us at email@example.com